Borderlands had a decent amount of airtime at the Xbox conference at E3 2019, with not only another look at the upcoming Borderlands 3 and the news that Borderlands: The Handsome collection is now available on Xbox Game Pass, but also that a new FREE piece of DLC is available for Borderlands 2 that sets the scene for Borderlands 3.
Commander Lilith & The Fight for Sanctuary is available now, for free, until July 8th on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam for owners of Borderlands 2 or The Handsome Collection. PS4 owners can currently get the latter for free as part of PS+, and Steam currently has 85% off in the current sale.
Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault Map has been stolen, and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. You’ll step back into the boots of legendary Vault Hunters Maya, Salvador, Axton, Zer0, Gaige or Krieg to battle new bosses, explore new areas, and collect new loot, including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary. Joinup with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on claiming the Vault Map for himself. Veteran players can pursue the new level cap, while newcomers can automatically boost to level 30 and dive straight into the action.
- STORY CONTENT: The villainous Hector and his New Pandora Army want the Vault Map for their own ends, so they’re purging the planet using an insidious toxic gas that turns all those affected into mindless plant zombies. Fight alongside your favorite allies (plus a few new friends) across story missions and side quests alike.
• TOP LOOT TIER: Legendary weapons are lovely and all, but now there’s an even rarer and more powerful tier in town: Effervescent. This tier features high stats, special effects, and some entrancing rainbow textures.
• WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT: With a new top loot tier comes new top loot, including super rare named firearms like a shotgun that fires…well, let’s just say there are ponies and rainbows and explosions.
• ENEMIES AND BOSSES: The toxic gas seems to bedoing strange things to Pandora’s bandit and beast populations, mutating them into deadly “Infected” forms. Expect exploding plant monsters, ferocious boss battles, and an all new Raid Boss!
• AREAS: Shoot and loot your way through previously unexplored Pandoran locales, including the wreckage of a familiar space station and at least one forbidden research lab.
• CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS: Each of the six Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters gets a new head and skin, while the two vehicle types receive three new skins apiece.Stylin’!
• LEVEL CAP: Veteran players can pursue the new level cap of 80 (up from 72), and super hardcore fans can challenge themselves to achieve the two new Overpowered Levels, accessible via Digistruct Peak.