We are still a few weeks away from the official release date but Ubisoft have revealed the details of the FREE Year 1 content that will be released for The Division 2.
The first piece of content will be called “Tidal Basin” which is a new Black Tusk Faction Stronghold, alongside Operation Dark Hours, the series’ first eight-player raid. Another three episodes will be added later, each delivering “new narrative driven content”, alongside new PvE and PvP modes. The first episode will be called “DC Outskirts: Expeditions” and will focus on tracking down elite enemies in order to liberate the city. There will also be a new Co-op mode where Division Agents must form an expedition to investigate a lost convoy. The second Episode, Pentagon: The Last Castle will bring you to one of America’s most iconic locations to unveil what secrets lie inside this well protected maze. The third Episode will conclude Year 1 of The Division 2 and pave the way for more thrilling content.
Ubisoft have revealed the details of the Year 1 pass – although this pass is slightly different from a normal season pass as all content can be unlocked without needing to purchase. The Year 1 Pass includes the following additional content:
- 7-Day Early Access to Episode Narrative Content – Owners of the Pass will have a 7-day early access to the narrative content only, included in all Year 1 Episodes.
- Instant unlock of the Year 1 Specializations – At launch, The Division 2 will include three Specializations, instantly available to everyone when reaching max level (Level 30). Throughout Year 1, we will release three additional Specializations for your agent. Year 1 Pass holders will unlock these new specializations as soon as they’re released. For those who do not have the Year 1 Pass, specializations will be released at the same time, but must be unlocked over time through gameplay.
- Year 1 Pass holders will also be able to earn exclusive cosmetic items with each Specialization’s release.
- Exclusive Access to Classified Assignments – Over the course of Year 1, Pass holders will have exclusive access to 8 Classified Assignments, which will provide more story behind the events leading to your arrival in D.C. Completing each assignment will award you with a unique and exclusive backpack trophy to customize your Agent’s look.
- Additional Bounties and Projects – Bounties in The Division 2 are special tasks to eliminate specific enemy targets, while Projects are assignments to complete various tasks around D.C. As a Year 1 Pass holder, you will get access to one additional Bounty per week and one extra Project per day for a Challenging mission. This perk ends on March 1st, 2020.
- Exclusive Cosmetic Items – Year 1 Pass holders will get access to these exclusive rewards: the Agent Ward Outfit and the Scout emote.
- You can get the Year 1 Pass with the Gold or Ultimate Editions.
The Year 1 Pass will also become available as a separate purchase when the game launches.