The Division 2 has today received its first big update, with the addition of the Tidal Basin Stronghold and World Tier 5. The Thumbstix team have been playing an awful lot of this game since release, although we are a long way off reaching this level! The new update also makes some major changes to the skills and mods features in the game, which promises to make them more usable and accessible.
The Division 2 Update Version 1.05 Patch Notes For PS4, Xbox One, and PC
Tidal Basin Stronghold – With this update, the Black Tusk Stronghold Tidal Basin is unlocked. It is the last of the four Strongholds that need to be conquered to progress to World Tier 5.
World Tier 5 Unlocks – Once you have completed the Tidal Basin Stronghold on World Tier 4, you will be transferred automatically to World Tier 5.
Gear Sets – Once you enter World Tier 5, in addition to the by now well known Brands, the Gear Sets will be added to the loot pool.
Weekly Invasions – Upon reaching World Tier 5, you’ll be introduced to weekly invasions, which see the Black Tusk taking control of main missions and strongholds across the city.
Heroic Difficulty is unlocked – Once you hit World Tier 5, Heroic Difficulty becomes available for the Main Missions and the Strongholds. Heroic Difficulty missions are very difficult but also very generous with rewards.
New PVP Map – The Map “Fort McNair” will be added to the Conflict rotation
Two new Exotics – With this update, we also get two new exotics: Pestilence (Light Machine Gun) and Nemesis (Sniper)
Announced Bug Fixes – When your Crafting Station is stuck on a lower World Tier, that will be fixed with this update.
Balancing Changes – The Sniper M700 and the Rifle MK17 will get a damage reduction. Crit Damage and Headshot Damage will be lowered across all existing gear, so if you have equipment with these stats on it, they will be different when you log in. “Safeguard Talent” (extra healing) will get an internal cooldown so that it can’t be up all the time, Demolitionist Talent “Crisis Response” (when armor breaks you replenish your ammo) will also get an internal cooldown.
- Sniper Turret has been reworked
- You will have a button above an enemy and the Turret will then shoot that NPC and it will automatically track it.
- When you aim at the same NPC you can also specifically control where the shot will go (headshot or weakpoint etc)
- That should make the Sniper Turret more accessible.
- The handling of the Chem Launcher has been a bit awkward.
- Now when you activate the Chem Launcher, it will activate and you can use it like a weapon until you put it away.
- That should also give you more control about the skill
- Aiming mechanism has been reworked, so you can mark targets faster
- The Skill Mods have been revamped
- The Bonuses you get from the Skill Mods correlate now with the amount of Skill Power required to unlock them.
- They are now within the bounds of the Skill Power that you can get on your gear and they also changed the amount of Skill Power that you get on your gear.
- So even when you have less Skill Power on your gear when you log in on Friday, don’t panic, you may be able to unlock a lot of mods that you could before.
- With these changes skill builds should become a lot more viable.
Weapon Mods changes
- All the Weapon Mods have been revamped
- All weapon mods got new values, new positives, more in line what they would do in real life
- They also have lower values – since they don’t have their drawbacks anymore.
- The only time there are negatives now on the Weapon Mods is when there are multiple mods – like magazines – one of them will have higher positive values, but also some negative values.
- For every slot, there is a mod for every type of stat that has no negative values.
- Now you can choose the mods you want to use and that should also be more fun.
- Sharpshooter Signature Weapon has a faster lock–on, so if you had the feeling that you often missed the shot with the signature weapon, this should be addressed.
- LVOA-C, the Lightweight M4, the Shotgun AA12, LMG MG5 got a buff
- You will get a sensitivity slider for when you are aiming down sight.
- Field of View slider will also be added with this update.